❰Read❯ ➭ They Came to Baghdad Author Agatha Christie – Dailytradenews.co.uk

They Came to Baghdad files They Came to Baghdad, read online They Came to Baghdad, free They Came to Baghdad, free They Came to Baghdad, They Came to Baghdad 00cb76775 Kehidupan Kantor Tak Cocok Dengan Kehidupan Victoria Jones, Juru Ketik Steno, Yang Suka Bertingkah, Berbohong, Dan Pekerjaannya Tak Pernah BeresBegitu Mengganggur Sekali Lagi, Ia Menangkap Kesempatan Yang Ditawarkan Padannya Untuk Terbang Ke Bagdad Victoria Ingin Melihat Dunia Dan Ingin Menyusul Seorang Pemuda Yang Tampan MenawanMendapat Pekerjaan Di Sebuah Organisasi Yang Misterius, Beberapa Patah Kata Yang Keluar Dari Mulut Seorang Pria Yang Sedang Sekarat, Dan Victoria Pun Terseret Ke Dalam Pusaran Arus Intrik Intrik Internasional Yang Mencekam

10 thoughts on “They Came to Baghdad

As a Christie fan I m wondering how this little gem escaped my notice all these years I think Victoria may be the most adorable pathological liar you ll ever meet You can t be mad at her because she s just so honest about it 100% trueAnd you really shouldn t like her so much considering all the idiotic choices she makes which land her in incredibly dangerous situations Starting with losing her job in the first scene, due to her need to perform a reenactment of a particularly embarrassing scene between her boss and his wife for her fellow typists Of course, this frees her up to take off on an ill advised adventure to Baghdad to find the handsome young man she exchanged a flirtatious conversation with on a park bench Oh come on, girl What ensues is the classic tale of a girl in love who follows her heart and gets mixed up in a political assassination attempt in another country, while working as an untrained mole in a cultand becoming an amateur archeologist on the side Because why not If you like Agatha, you ll like this one.

From my review at Christie does thrillers Or not, depending on your point of view This one might work as a movie I m disinclined to find out, but if you are interested one was made in 1952 , but fails to impress as a book.Victoria Jones has been fired from her typist position As she sits in a courtyard, eating her lunch, she s politely approached by a diffident young man who strikes up a conversation In America, Miss Anna Scheele, personal secretary to the head of a firm of international bankers, informs her employer she must take a vacation to care for her sick sister in England In the Iraqi countryside, Carmichael is trying to sneak back into Baghdad in time for a major world powers meeting with proof of a certain conspiracy Mr Dakin, the local Baghdad covert agent is charged with ensuring security for the meeting, and is hoping to preserve international peace Richard is an archeologist fanatic just hoping to make it to Dr Pauncefoot Jones dig After their brief meeting, Victoria decides she is in love with Edward and must find him in Baghdad, as soon as possible Separate plot lines build and come together in a dramatic finish.One of the ways Christie excels is in capturing the minutia of the small town life, the details that instantly identify a character, making them resonate in the imagination In Baghdad, there s a full cast, but no one but Victoria Jones really gets the attention they deserve, and once introduced, they tend to fall out of the action, only to appear significantly later As a non thriller reader, I find I m not particularly impressed by megalomania as character motivation.Mostly, I blame the lack of world building Baghdad of the 1950s was an entirely different city from Baghdad of 2014 Its one of those books that was probably perfect for the decade is was published in, but works significantly less well for current times I needed atmosphere I had the vaguest sense of place, most likely pulled from old memories In my case, Christie s 1950s Baghdad felt a lot like Elizabeth Peters Egypt in 1880, which most likely reflects time spent reading the Amelia Peabody series.Baghdad, 1950Baghdad, 2014So many coincidences in this plot The government recruiting a naif based on her spunky attitude and ability to lie convincingly She was charming, no doubt, but it played like a Cary Grant script, not a thriller Overall, I don t regret the time, but it wasn t a great example of Christie s capabilities I prefer her Marple and Poirot series It s passable, but I recommend it for fans of thrillers and Christie completionists.Two and a half lackluster stars

I don t even have words to describe the madcap charm of this book No Miss Marple, no Poirot, just a heroine who redefines spunky and a plot that will leave you yearning for high jinks in the desert International intrigue has never been such fun, nor has it probably ever been infiltrated by a mediocre shorthand typist Miss Victoria Jones, freshly booted from her job, sits in a London park figuring out her next move Enter a handsome lad named Edward who enchants Victoria but oh no is leaving the next day for a job in Baghdad Well, what s to stop her from following him Armed with a can do attitude and a remarkable gift for invention some would call her a pathological liar, but things sound so much better when she makes them up , she s off to the unknown Subterfuge, danger, and daring exploits await her as she becomes embroiled in shady dealings and even better an international conspiracy In one thrilling episode, a spy stumbles into her hotel room and DIES Who can resist such drama Certainly not the resourceful Victoria, who s up for anything.Agatha Christie s seamless style lends itself to this sort of action adventure caper But the dialogue is what really wooed me, probably because I listened to the audio version read by Emilia Fox The voices she does for each character really bring out the comedy At times I hooted with laughter An absolutely delightful summer escape

It was almost like reading a Robert Ludlum novel Great start, fast paced action spread across different cities, unconnected people , a mastermind brilliantly orchestrating the entire drama and all coming together in the end to give a nice satisfying closure Written decades ago when espionage , compared to current standards, was novice, the story line holds your attention till the end Nice gripping drama.

, , .

I enjoy Agatha Christie s stand alone thrillers even than her Poirot and Marple mysteries Of course, this was a reread, as I ve read them all multiple times Highly recommended.

, , they came to baghdad , , , , , Honestly this is the first book I read to the great writer Agatha Christie after I read her excerpts, and she was very wonderful and rich in the details and the many events and fun in her writings beautifully and beautifully, make you enter into the events of the novel and be immersed in reading Numana Agatha Christie.This novel although the title in English is somewhat different from Arabic and they they came to baghdad they are coming to Baghdad and although the title if translated correctly was the nicest and closer to the story of the novel but something strange change the name.The events revolve around the most famous cities of the world at the time Baghdad, Basra, London and Cairo The cities of dreams were at that time and everyone loved to visit or live with them, even if we deepened a bit to know the depth of the novel from these cities I considered this novel a spy rather than a mystery or a crime Normal, and sure you will discover these things after reading the novel and indulging them with beautiful events and dialogues.There were some things that were strange to me during my reading of the book The events were a bit long I felt a bit strange about this number of events, but according to this personal opinion it was by the writer to be long events and not to detect or solve events faster Is not excellent but the most important to me is the story was very enjoyable and enjoy it is sure is among the best books of the writer Agatha Christie

Easily one of my favorite Agatha Christie books The mystery books I read, the I realize just how incredible Christie was at what she did.This mystery centers around, not so much a murder, but the plot of a political overthrow Is the overthrow a good thing Or a bad thing And even, does it exist Our protagonist, Victoria, finds herself suddenly placed in the middle of it all, and must decide just how involved she wants to be They Came to Baghdad has an intriguing blend of all sorts of mystery points murder, mistaken identity, spies, lies, and even a bit of romance.I think what really won me over was the detailed and diverse cast of characters, headed by the smart and clever Victoria, who has a fantastic imagination, and an ability to create elaborate lies and stories, but whom fails to tell convincing true stories Victoria isn t really book smart and she s not entirely street smart but she s clever and has a wonderful ability to never give up, and an optimistic heart that makes her a pleasure to follow through the pages Not every chapter is devoted to Victoria s perspective, however, and in the beginning we have several chapters from several points of view This could have been frustrating and annoying, but for some reason I did not find it so and was instantly drawn in and hooked to each of the mini stories if you do find it tiresome, I highly suggest you give the book at least 5 chapters or so, until you settle into the main plot.This book isn t overly gruesome or graphic, and while there may have been a few points I d have liked better clarification on, overall I thought the mystery was explained nicely and neatly.Highly recommended

c est la premi re roman d agatha que j ai lu en fran ais et d apr s j adore tt ces romans .