[BOOKS] ✮ In the Cold Dark Ground By Stuart MacBride – Dailytradenews.co.uk

10 thoughts on “In the Cold Dark Ground

This is a superb addition to what is a stellar series We are in Aberdeen, the weather can be relied on to be atrocious and there are bodies with their heads covered with bin bags that have been tortured and killed So begins a twisted trail for the dynamic duo of the hard working put upon Logan McCrae and the iconic DCI Steele Logan attends two funerals, the local gangster that is Wee Hamish Mowat, who bequeaths Logan his criminal empire and much of his fortune and a litany of problems The second funeral is that of Logan s girlfriend in a coma, Samantha, whose life support he has to switch off.The murderous psycho that is Reuban is continually trying in to kill Logan and pushes him into doing things that are outside his comfort zone and his character The relationship between Logan and Steele is a sight to behold and cherish as it veers from hate to loyalty and affection which is a badge of dysfunctional families Talking of families, an unexpected family member is revealed to Logan The trail of the murders is a dangerous one that takes its toll on the police team And oh yes, Logan is pushed to investigate Steele by Professional Standards The black humour and comic timing is spot on although the slapstick comedic touches also work a treat.What can I say Stuart MacBride s other books and Ash series are merely okay However, he makes up for all that in the magnificence of the Logan and Steele series Here, he is nothing short of a genius and I am shocked that no one has yet made a TV series of the books If you haven t got round to reading this series, you are missing out Can t wait for the next book in the series.

I am giving this five stars for sheer enjoyment and readability So it was over 500 pages long they just disappeared in the twinkling of an eye There was the usual chaos of a Logan McRae story people talking without ever listening to each other, sub plots by the bucketful, multiple deaths, funerals and fight scenes Logan McCrae experiences a really awful few weeks of his life and amazingly survives, bruised and battered but still breathing.Of course the best part of these books is the relationship between McCrae and DCI Steele She is truly an original and their dialogue is really funny I was surprised at how things ended between them in this book and wonder how they are going to come back from what occurs And if McCrae does what I think he is going to well the mind boggles Anyway Stuart MacBride has got us this far I am sure I can trust him to take things onwards I am very much looking forward to the next book.

This is the tenth book in the Logan McRae series by Stuart MacBride.I have read all the previous nine books in this series and found them to be quite a mixed bag I really enjoyed the early books but of late found the books a little bit stale and predictable This one however was back to the series at it s best The main characters are funny in places and so well developed throughout the series that you can easily picture them in your mind as the story is told.In this book bodies are found with their heads covered with bin bags, having been tortured and killed Logan McCrae and the very funny DCI Steele investigate but they both have their own troubles Logan attends the funeral of local gangster Wee Hamish Mowat, who has bequeathed his empire of crime and over 600k to Logan, which gives Logan severe problems to not only his safety but also to his moral conscience This is all going on at the same time as is girlfriends life support is t be switched off.Logan s problems are not eased by the murdering psycho Reuben who is determined to kill Logan There are so many other subplots that it is almost impossible to mention them all without writing a short story Needless to say this book is full of laughs and crime and great comedy interaction between the characters So glad I kept reading this series when I was beginning to doubt whether to carry on or not Looking forward to the next one.

DNF at 35% I m not sure if I m in the right state of mind for this book this year or if the repetitive humor isn t working for me any It s getting a bit same same.I ve read all the other books in this series and liked them so I m not sure why this time, it s just not working for me.Hope to revisit this book in the future.

What can I say This book is absolutely flippin fantastic I missed bus stops reading it With no doubt at all, the best crime fiction I ve read this year, quite possibly in years Even better than The Missing and the Dead how is that possible

Another fantastic volume in the DS Logan McRae series Stuart MacBride leaves nothing out in this gritty missing person mystery, and while the mystery itself is engaging, the personal story of Logan is what drives this one He has to deal with the death of crime boss Wee Hamish Mowat, who has tagged Logan to take over his crime family He has to deal with Reuben the Beast, who has been waiting to take over Mowat s crime syndicate, potentially setting off a turf war in Aberdeen with Malk the Knife and the Campbells He has to deal with the decision to take long time girlfriend Samantha off of life support and allow her to pass on Logan also has to deal with a new superintendent, professional standards poking around, and, of course, he has to deal with DCI Roberta Steel, who has been a thorn in his side for all ten volumes of this series.As I write this out, it sounds like a really bad soap opera plot, but trust me, you WANT to read this There were some real surprises in this book, some that I never would have guessed in a million years Logan is a good man who just can t seem to win, and yet, he s always able to scrap his way out of trouble, solve the crime mystery, and live to see another day Except this time, the book ends on a multi point cliffhanger Did he or didn t he And what happens to Steel I did NOT see that one coming Stuart MacBride is one of the few authors that s willing to do anything to keep his characters fresh, from promotions and demotions , writing events in their lives that are so very heart wrenching, and allowing plot points that actually hurt the characters both physically and emotionally DS Logan has gone through so much over the years, one has to wonder how much he can take.One question that needs answered RIGHT NOW When is the next book in this series being released

Fantastic read as always Can t fault Stuart MacBrides storytelling and who doesn t love Inspector Steel

Ma perch Perch finire i libri cos E adesso Ho visto che il prossimo libro esce in originale a maggio 2018, chiss quando in italiano.A breve la recensione EDITNon me lo aspettavo ma questo decimo libro lo ritengo uno dei migliori della serie che, in certo senso cambiata I primi libri erano molto pi crudi, nel tempo questa caratteristica si un po attenuata.Rimane l ambientazione che adoro la Scozia che ho visitato 3 volte ci sono sempre elementi molto british adoro l umorismo di MacBride Hai una friggitrice, in casa No Una padella per friggere No Ma che razza di scozzese sei e un sacco di citazione delle cose che mi piacciano si passa da Star Wars, a Doctor Who, a Godzilla, a Stephen King, etc Logan sempre lui, geniale, pasticcione, fortunato e sfigato.Ultimamente aveva iniziato a darmi fastidio il fatto che ricevesse sempre pochi view spoiler riconoscimenti al posto di essere promosso per i suoi meriti, stato quasi degradato per esempio Rennie adesso ha lo stesso grado di Logan, non solo, in un certo senso gli superiore, facendo parte del Team Investigativo primario hide spoiler

I remember reading this on a plane ride agter having bought it in the airport This series was one I nearly gave up on as I felt throughout the middle some of the plot lines, characters amd dialogue humour just became repetitive However, I always went back for , so something was drawing me back I m glad I did This latest entry was at his thrilling best Great crime, some characters involved in alot of the past novels passed away, a psychotic killer, investigations into the police force itself and a cliffhanger ending I ve always enjoyed MacBrides humour in his dialogue and I remember it shining through in this one If you re new to MacBride, this series is great Some of the middle novels suffer from middle book repetition syndrome but getting to tbis point in the series is worth the reads However characters do lose their appeal as writers continue to draw upon what made them so special in the 1st place I hope there comes a time where Logan is retired out, which would provide a great group of novels I do believe at some stage characters develop an expiry date, however at this end point I do believe MacBride has some left in Logan.

Not the usual five stars, this 10th book in the series It is, as all McBride books, very, very wel written It is cold, it is wet and it is dark and not only the weather The plot is actually quite simple and I think this book serves only to end certain story lines and start new ones What made me give 4 stars instead of 5 is the character of Roberta Steel There is way too much Steel in this book, and I haven t seen her doing her actual work a lot The only thing she does is drinking, shouting and whining She is becoming a parody of herself.

In the Cold Dark Ground download In the Cold Dark Ground, read online In the Cold Dark Ground, kindle ebook In the Cold Dark Ground, In the Cold Dark Ground 0fd35df0bcc2 Sergeant Logan McRae Is In Trouble His Missing Persons Investigation Has Just Turned Up A Body In The Woods Naked, Hands Tied Behind Its Back, And A Bin Bag Duct Taped Over Its Head The Major Investigation Team Charges Up From Aberdeen, Under The Beady Eye Of Logan S Ex Boss Detective Chief Inspector Steel And, As Usual, She Wants Him To Do Her Job For HerBut It S Not Going To Be Easy A New Superintendent Is On Her Way Up From The Serious Organised Crime Task Force, Hell Bent On Making Logan S Life Miserable Professional Standards Are Gunning For Steel And Wee Hamish Mowat, Head Of Aberdeen S Criminal Underbelly, Is Dying Leaving Rival Gangs From All Over The UK Eying His TerritoryThere S A War Brewing And Logan S Trapped Right In The Middle, Whether He Likes It Or Not