[Reading] ➻ The Ruin of Us Author Keira Michelle Telford – Dailytradenews.co.uk

The Ruin of Us explained The Ruin of Us , review The Ruin of Us , trailer The Ruin of Us , box office The Ruin of Us , analysis The Ruin of Us , The Ruin of Us 59fd AN EROTIC VICTORIAN LESBIAN ROMANCEIn Preparation For Marriage, Sixteen Year Old Maddie Is Packed Off To Finishing School She Anticipates Spending A Dreary Summer Refining Her Knowledge Of The Great Literary Classics, Improving Her Needlepoint, And Learning How To Paint Instead, She Receives An Altogether Erotic Education At The Hands Of Miss Camille, The School S Beautiful And Enigmatic Ma Tress

• Paperback
  • 116 pages
  • The Ruin of Us
  • Keira Michelle Telford
  • English
  • 01 March 2019
  • 9780992011598

About the Author: Keira Michelle Telford

Keira Michelle Telford is an award winning author with a love for the gruesome, the macabre, and the downright filthy She writes dystopian science fiction, contemporary and historical erotic lesbian romance, and other lesbian fiction, often with a focus on age gap relationships.

10 thoughts on “The Ruin of Us

How is it that erotica that is fairly tame in comparison to explicit works can be so much hotter Is it the author s skill, the taboo subject, the age difference or the time period In this case it s a combination of all of those things.Once again KL Telford manages to write a story that has me rooting for a relationship that under normal circumstances would have me appalled This particular tale however is set in the Victorian era when the age of consent was 16 so technically speaking, no laws were broken.That didn t stop me however from once again having an internal debate, as is becoming the norm whenever I read anything by Telford Her books always force me to look into a mirror and question where I would draw a moral ethical line which sometimes have lead to surprising realizations about myself Fans of Telford really should not miss this book To quote Camille Books are to be read as a woman is to be loved deeply and without restraint

Telford really writes beautifully even though her subject matter makes me slightly uncomfortable The beautiful Camille is that last thing Maddie expects when she s sent to finishing school in preparation for marriage At 16, Maddie knows she doesn t want a husband and finds herself longing for Miss Camille s attention.It so easy to be sympathetic to the main characters plight especially in a time when women had so few rights Perhaps I m getting used to the style but this story was one of the easier ones I ve read in terms of theme and resolution.

Expertly crafted, Telford doesn t fail to disappoint as she spins another tale of forbidden, sapphic love This author is a master of taboo and sensuality often making us root for a barely legal large age gap romance The author seduces the reader just as much as she does her characters Absolutely loved it Please, please write F F stories.Most definitely recommend.

A delightful short readThis was a lovely short read that was unexpectedly unpredictable, not quite following what the plot I foresaw, which made it all the enjoyable.

Forbidden sapphic love between a school maitress and a student This is not my first book of this author and I m quite amazed with her ability in treading on these typically tabooed subject.

Brilliant as alwaysAbsolutely love this authors way of writing, she writes so crudely I love it I haven t come across any author as brash and talented as this, I ll not say much about this story apart from its delicious and naughty and I bloody loved it, so buy it and see for yourself I wait for the next as always.

Telford s books at least those I ve read have a distinct set of commonalities The main characters tend to be a young woman 16 and a mature, experienced woman 30 , who are both portrayed as pretty and feminine The romance tends to be on the passionate side and the author describes the bedroom stuff boldly.This book is a bit different in that it is set in Victorian England And the author did her homework exceptionally well she uses very figurative victorian language not just in dialogues, but also in description And that includes the nasty bits of human anatomy, which works marvellously well and makes the reading experience and immersion all the enjoyable.The author does very well to outline the difficulties unmarried women faced at that time and space And even though the romance isn t as delicate as that in The Housemistress , this book has a surprisingly high literary value for the genre.