[PDF / Epub] ✅ Dawn of Art: The Chauvet Cave By Jean-Marie Chauvet – Dailytradenews.co.uk

Dawn of Art: The Chauvet Cave summary Dawn of Art: The Chauvet Cave, series Dawn of Art: The Chauvet Cave, book Dawn of Art: The Chauvet Cave, pdf Dawn of Art: The Chauvet Cave, Dawn of Art: The Chauvet Cave d496b7fbec Amazing Book, Dawn Of Art The Chauvet Cave Author Jean Marie Chauvet This Is Very Good And Becomes The Main Topic To Read, The Readers Are Very Takjup And Always Take Inspiration From The Contents Of The Book Dawn Of Art The Chauvet Cave, Essay By Jean Marie Chauvet Is Now On Our Website And You Can Download It By Register What Are You Waiting For Please Read And Make A Refission For You

10 thoughts on “Dawn of Art: The Chauvet Cave

There s photo of a 3 4 profile of a bull that shifted my entire world I do not say that lightly, either The paintings are incredible, transcendent and outrageous The kinship one feels with the artists is akin to what I understand religious persons feel when communing with their gods A wonderful book.

There should be a word for the feeling you get when a book or any piece of art transports you to another place and time It has to be one of the most incredible confluence of emotions humankind can experience, yet I don t think we have an adequate way to communicate that rush of emotions This book, an oversized coffee table book loaded with gigantic color photographs, took me two places at once The simple text had be transported back to Southern France in late 1994, entering the Chauvet Cave with Jean Marie Chauvet and his team of explorers, carefully and slowly moving through the cave, anticipation building, excitement swelling I could feel their elation I could feel their exhaustion I could feel their frustration at the limits of their bodies and equipment I completely understood how hours after returning home, they trekked right back to the cave to see it all again I looked at each picture in the book five times, then immediately searched for Werner Herzog s documentary film about the cave, so I too could go back in At the same time, I was transported back 30,000 years in my mind, watching early humans paint with such remarkable skill and mastery Wishing I could step outside of the caves and see the mammoths, aurochs, bison, and horses they painted on those cave walls Pretty sure I don t want to see the bears, lions, panthers, or hyenas I often say to my students that what separates humans from the other creatures we share the planet with is the desire need to create things just for the sake of beauty If that s what being human is, humans were being human long before my little brain can comprehend How I wish I could have stood there and watched whoever it was as they painted on those cave walls The running bison, rhinos in action, the lions on the prowl, the lone owl standing guard, the shading of the horses the negative handprints and just thinking about who stood there so long ago and left their mark The lone picture of a bison, turned towards you, with beautiful shading and unbelievable simplicity will haunt me forever It s looking right at you How I wish I could have been there when Jean Marie Chauvet and his friends saw this for the first time Thanks to this book, I feel as if I was.

DAWN OF ART Imagine spelunking in France, stumbling upon a cave filled with wondrous charcoal and ocher paintings, later realizing the environment had remained untouched for 30,000 years The book, entitled Dawn of Art The Chauvet Cave , includes over 100 pages of stunning photographs of this magnificent art The writer in me finds imagining the lives of our early human ancestors their life struggles, obvious spiritually and amazing talents absolutely enthralling This discovery led archeologists and historians to reformulate theories of the evolution of human art At different times, the caves seemed to have been dwelled by humans, as well as cave bears For a related post, check out The Cave of Forgotten Dreams , go visit my blog.

First popular account of the discovery of the cave art in the Ardeche River gorge, by the three cavers who discovered it Two men and a woman, all local residents on vacation, found the cave art at the end of 1994, photographed it in 1995, and Abrams published their account and photos in 1996 Abrams did their usual fine job of printing and binding.The cave was carefully explored no shoes in sensitive areas, plastic covered walkways for official visitors and was closed to public entry, learning from the lessons at Lascaux Cave, where the ancient paintings were damaged by too many visitors As at Lascaux and Altamira, a facsimile of the Lascaux paintings was constructed nearby Details to be missed, if you have any interest in Paleolithic art And make no mistake even though these paintings are 30,000 years old, some of the painters were really, really good And the insights into Ice Age animals is priceless, especially since most of the animals pictured were later driven extinct by early hunters.

We bought this book to read up on Chauvet Caves after we took a tour of the Grotte Chauvet 2 It s an interesting read for anyone wanting to know about the discovery of the caves by the three speleologists.

I mostly looked at the picturesbut they were good pictures.

The discovery of the art in Chauvet Cave in 1994 changed the way we think about prehistoric peoples Previously scholars had theorized that cave art had gone through stages, beginning immaturely and finally attaining a kind of classic perfection before the end of the ice age around 10,000 years ago Wrong Some of the excellent art in Chauvet has been radiocarbon dated to 30,000 to 32,000 years ago As cave art continued to be practiced for at least 20,000 years in approximately 350 different caves of southern France, northern Spain and other places , its longevity implies a Paleolithic culture as consistent as the climate was inconstant Think about it About 2300 years separate us from the foundational culture of Greece Paleolithic cave art persisted for almost nine times as long.

I really enjoyed reading this after watching the Herzog documentary about the caves While I feel the film gives you a greater feel for the caves, the book provided interesting information on the area of France where the caves are located and a quasi history of cave painting itself I love how they immediately took steps toward the preservation and care of these caves, but even with that care, deterioriation occurs with every visit A visit could be a fascinating bucket list item for someone Better than bungee jumping.

Mind blowing Seriously, can t even imagine what it was like to discover these amazing works of art and spend time in the cave before going public with the discovery Reading their account gives an inkling to what they experienced but one can never know the exhilaration that must have swept over each one of them as they devoured these scenes with their eyes for the first time in nearly 30,000 years The photos are excellent and numerous Highly recommend reading this book and not just consuming the photos Wow.

A stunning coffee table sized book detailing one of the most remarkable discoveries of the 20th Century The photographs are amazing, and the first hand accounts of the discovery are riveting A perfect companion for the documentary The Cave of Forgotten Dreams.