➾ [Download] ➻ Almost Like Being in Love (Lost Hearts, #2) By Christina Dodd ➷ – Dailytradenews.co.uk

Almost Like Being in Love (Lost Hearts, #2) txt Almost Like Being in Love (Lost Hearts, #2), text ebook Almost Like Being in Love (Lost Hearts, #2), adobe reader Almost Like Being in Love (Lost Hearts, #2), chapter 2 Almost Like Being in Love (Lost Hearts, #2), Almost Like Being in Love (Lost Hearts, #2) 362a16 Witness To A Brutal Murder, Pepper Prescott Flees A Killer, Leaving Her Home, Her Business, And The False Identity She S Spent Years Cultivating She Runs To The Only Place She S Ever Felt Safe The Small Mountain Town Of Diamond, Idaho, Where She Met The Boy Who Had Captured Her Heart, And Taught Her Body To Love Until She Turned Her Back On Him In Anguish And Shame, Leaving Him Without A Backward GlanceThe Moment She Sees Dan Graham, Sweet Passion Flares Again, Regardless Of The Bitterness And Anger That Divides Them But Dan S Service In The Special Forces Has Left Him Wounded, Body And Soul, And Harboring A Dangerous Secret That Could Get Both He And Pepper Killed In Order To Save Their Lives, They Must Learn To Trust Each Other As They Never Had Before Before It S Too Late

10 thoughts on “Almost Like Being in Love (Lost Hearts, #2)

What s with the annoying heroines in the last few books I read This is the story of Pepper, Hope s sister from the previous book and the wild child of the family Pepper has made running away an art form and her experience with it proves useful when she witnesses a murder and flees in danger of being killed herself She runs back to the only foster home that felt like home, and there she unexpectedly meets Dan again, the boy she was in love with before she run away.While initially I was sympathetic about Pepper s less than ideal past and interested in what seemed to be her strong character, my patience with her waned and as the story went on, until I was completely out of it shortly before the climax view spoiler She acted like a petulant child than an independent woman and her selfishness and hypocrisy seriously got on my nerves She is allowed to have aaaaaall the panicked reactions and threaten to run away again like she always does, with idiotic excuses to justify herself, but when Dan reacts badly to her latest stupid stunt, she feels completely betrayed and decides to write him off hide spoiler

I enjoyed this older book by CD I m going to start reading 3 next.

I didn t have high hopes for this book, after being somewhat disappointed with the first in the series I think Ms Dodd s writing style is nice, interesting, even humorous and realistic But there s something that feels lacking in both books of her s I ve read In the first one, the ending sort of felt rushed and fell apart for me In this one I would say it suffered the same fate For about the first half of the book, I enjoyed a great deal of it, the story line is well thought out, intriguing, but after a point it feels as though the story is some sort of giant juggling act and some of the balls get dropped I m not sure what exactly could be fixed, but it just doesn t seem as tight or well controlled as the first half I hope this isn t a common occurrence in her books, as I rather like her otherwise.I also probably liked this a lot better because Dan the hero is Special Forces Army I am a sucker for military men The relationship between Pepper and Dan was great, again for the first half of the book, then it went all over the place and I was annoyed There s a part where Pepper is running away, once again, and Dan totally calls her on it, and in a fit of anger let s her have it I loved this Pepper deserved the dressing down, she was being totally cowardly and she needed to be put in her place Unfortunately, Pepper twists it to make him feel bad because he s suppose to love her and can t talk to her that way This is where the book really began to lose me She was running away The whole rest of the book she held this against him, and he let her Coward was running away from danger, after promising to let Dan help her, to let Dan protect her, and she was going to run away and screw up the operation, putting herself and several others in great danger He literally tackles her to keep her from running, and when he calls her out, Pepper someone turns it on him, as he much not love her, and she was only leaving to protect him He has to beg for forgiveness and she still refuses to hear him out A month goes by, she finally decides she can t live without him, and runs back to him No words are spoken, no regret for treating each other that way, they just agree they are two wounded souls who need each other Whatever and good luck with that.There is one in the series, I want to read it, hoping third time is the charm, and also to solve the mystery of what really happened to the parents and why the children were scattered like seeds in the wind, and what the town of Hobart, Texas is really hiding God I hope I m not disappointed by it, please let it be something really seedy and evil and well plotted Is that too much to ask for

I am seriously disappointed I don t even know what to say The story wasn t the problem it had great potential that earned 1 star But there was no connection with the characters for me The writing felt disjointed The heroine drove me crazy, I never new what she really wanted she was all over the damn place The ending was absolute crap, had I been invested in the relationship between Pepper and Dan it would have really pissed me off The only redeeming qualities here where that I got to see Hope, Zach and Gabriel again from book 1 , and the reuniting between Pepper and her family finally made me feel something this earned star 2.I m mad mostly because I m actually invested in the story thats weaved throughout this series about the family and their finding each other I also want to know what really happened to their parents But that means I have to read book 3, and I barley made it through this book At 35% I started skimming just to get through it It s the writing here thats the problem for me I don t understand how I could give book 1 4 stars but dislike the writing in book 2 so much that I can t make a connection with the characters Sorry, but sadly no recommendation here.

Almost Like Being in Love Lost Hearts 2 by Christina DoddRomantic Suspense Contemporary RomanceWitness to a murder, Pepper Prescott 25 flees a killer, leaving her home, her business, and the false identity she s spent years cultivating She runs to the only place she s ever felt safe the small mountain town of Diamond, Idaho, where she met the boy who had captured her heart, and taught her body to love until she turned her back on him in anguish and shame, leaving him without a backward glance I finished this story but for some reasons Pepper seemed to annoy me most of the time with her stupid acts view spoiler how dumb was she to drop those books, or how she chopped off her lovely hair, or the reasons for running away from Dan all those years ago, or how she treated Dan when she returned I did not see her as strong romantic heroine but like someone who was immature, liked to whine, act without thinking hide spoiler

I liked this better than the first, whatever the first book had, this book contained twice as much The suspense never let up once Pepper ran for safety in a little town in Idaho, where she fatefully met her old flame Dan Graham Pepper is the opposite of her sister in attitude and physical looks, she s definitely stronger and she matched perfectly with Dan There is little humor in this book but I still enjoyed their arguments The drama and their life defining moments brought tears, and their love for each other was just strengthened by their experiences Their love scenes were sizzling and over the top Both of them are wounded people who found comfort with each other and filled each other s missing piece When Pepper reunited with Gabriel and Hope, it was really emotional She s very lucky to be loved wholeheartedly by a man whose soul was almost ripped apart by her There s a happy ending for everyone until we wait for the next and final book in this series.

This is the second book in a trilogy about 3 sisters and a brother whose family was split up when they were just children and teens Their parents died in a car crash and were accused of having stolen money.I read the first one in this trilogy last year and although it had some flaws I enjoyed it enough to pick the other 2 books.Pepper is the middle sister and at the age of 8 she was put in foster care and away from her siblings She has survived by using false identities and finding jobs as a landscape gardener.After attending a book signing by a famous author that she much admires she is the witness of a murder The famous author, who is also a military general is accused by her aide of selling information to the terrorists and kills him in cold blood.On the run after having been spotted Pepper returns to the ranch where she lived for a few years as a teen She discovers that the woman who was her foster mother as died and her former boyfriend is around with his own agenda Contrary to what usually happens in most books I ve read lately I thought the suspense subplot was very weak Pepper spends a lot of her time on the ranch worrying about the general being after her but there s no sign of the general or any danger for a long time.Also Dan was there as part of a plot to lure some terrorists but these don t show up for most of the book So basically it s just the 2 of them and their recollections from the past I think this part dragged a bit and they were too angry and didn t seriously talked about what was upsetting them for too long And when they do, they get mad at each other in a way that I thought was just to keep them apart for a while longer.So actually there were 2 problems that made me give this one a C the suspense subplot needed to be important to the story, if they were in actual danger it would be easier to believe they would bond and only trust each other and one thing leading to another it seemed weird to me that they just went back to lusting after each other after 9 years while still not talking or trusting the other We already know from book 1 that Hope, the big sister, is trying to find the rest of the family and that there is their parents accident than what was revealed at the time So there s a reunion when the family finds Pepper and I guess the rest will be explained on book 3.

Taking a break from rings and books for work.This was a fairly enjoyable read, but it did not grab me the same way the first one did This may partly be due to the fact that I didn t have much time so read it in bits and pieces rather than in one fell swoop Although Pepper was a promising character, once she got to the ranch things felt rather stagnant and claustrophobic endless sequences of I want him but it s a terrible idea start to feel repetitive after a while The flashes to the family in Boston were blurry and rather steeped in stereotypes without the depth necessary to feel the fondness for those stereotypes which grew in the first book Glad to have read it, but not sure I need to read the third I m usually impressed by Dodd s writing.

Ugh Awful characters, treating each other like crap.Pepper is the most unpleasant person once this story gets going She doesn t have a chip on her shoulder, she has a whole freak n boulder And she seems to go out of her way to misunderstand people and assign ill intent to anything anyone says.Dan is big pushy a..hole No means nounless you are really sure she wants then just keep on going until she gives in This is the last kind of intimate scenes I want to read.The premise was interesting, but the story was poorly execute Blech

I m not generally a contemporary romance fan, but Christina Dodd is one of my favorite historical romance authors so I ve given a few of her modern books a try Almost Like Being in Love is the second in her Lost Texas Heart Trilogy and though it wasn t as enjoyable as the first Just the Way You Are it was a decent read my time period of choice, however, remains the 18th 19th centuries.